How much does it cost?
It costs £0.50 for the Swedish Lotto 1 at Lottoland or £1 to go for both Lotto 1 and Lotto 2.
What are Lotto 1 and Lotto 2?
All Swedish Lotto Bets, by default, are for two separate draws, Lotto 1 and Lotto 2, giving you two different chances to win.
Why does my bet cost £2.00 not £0.50?
The default Swedish Lotto bet is for entry to both Lotto 1 and Lotto 2 (£1) and with the Extra Game (£1) (see below) added on. If you only want to enter Swedish Lotto 1 simply set ‘Select drawings’ to ‘Only LOTTO 1’ and set the Extra Game to ‘None’.
Do I pay any taxes or special fees on my winnings?
No, at Lottoland you won’t pay any extra taxes or special fees on any of your Swedish Lotto prizes.
What are the odds of winning Swedish Lotto?There are 6 prize tiers for the Swedish Lotto:
|Matched Numbers||Odds of Winning|
* Unlike the UK lottery, prizes for the Swedish lottery are based on the total lotto pool, meaning the prizes are approximates, they may go up or down each week.
What is the ‘Extra Game’?
The ‘Extra Game’ gives you another way to bet on the Swedish Lotto and win even more money. For £1 extra, 7 randomly selected numbers from 0-9 will be entered into a 2nd draw of numbers also from 0-9.
To win you need to match your numbers to those drawn in. You don’t need to win Swedish Lotto to win the Extra Game however, you cannot enter the Extra Game without betting on the Swedish Lotto and if you do win both then you will be the winner of the Drömvinsten, the ‘Dream Win’, which in the past has reached almost £20 million.
- You pick the Extra Game numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. You didn’t win anything at Lotto.
- The Extra Game Numbers are 5,3,1,1,6,7. You have matched the last 2 numbers: 6 and 7.
- You have won the minimum Extra Game prize and therefore win £6.50 even though you didn’t win anything with Swedish Lotto.
- You pick the Extra Game numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. You won £100 on the Lotto.
- The Extra Game Numbers are 1,1,3,5,4,6,2. Unfortunately you don’t win the Extra Game. Even though you matched several numbers they are not in the correct order.
- But you have won £100 with the Swedish Lotto, which is unaffected.
- You pick the Extra Game numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. You won £100 with the Lotto.
- The Extra Game Numbers are 1,2,3,3,5,6,7. You have won matched 6 numbers (not 3+3) so you’ve won an extra £20,117.
- Add that to the £100 you won Swedish Lotto and you’ve won a tidy £20,217!
What is the Extra Bet?
You can also place an ‘Extra Bet’ of £2 or £3 with the Extra Game. This will double or triple the amount of money you win on the Extra Game. The default Lotto bet is set for an extra £1 for the Extra Game, so if you do not want the Extra Game simply set it to ‘None’.
What is the ‘Dream Win’ or Drömvinsten?
Swedish Lotto has a super jackpot (called ‘Drömvinsten’ – the ‘Dream Win’ in Sweden) and occurs when you match all 7 numbers on Swedish Lotto and get at least 2 numbers correct on the Extra Game. The Dream win starts at just under £6 million and increases about £120,000 each week until it is won. The largest Dream Win on record was just over £19 million.
The odds of winning the Drömvinsten are 1:337,915,578. Any Extra Bet made on the Extra Game will not increase the amount won on the Drömvinsten.
What are the Lotto Draw Days and Times?
The Lotto is drawn at 16:15 UK Time (17:15 Swedish Time) on Wednesdays and 17:15 UK Time (18:15 Swedish Time) on Saturdays.
Can I bet on the Lotto from Sweden?
Yes you can participate in the Lotto with Lottoland from Sweden. If you prefer to bet in SEK please visit our Lottoland Sweden site here.
What is the Minimum Jackpot?
Swedish Lotto has no minimum jackpot as prizes are based on official ticket sales.
What is the Maximum Jackpot?
The biggest Drömvinsten of all time was 237, 697, 528 kr or about £19 million. The Extra Game top prize for matching all 7 numbers is fixed at £804,000.
Why should I bet on the Swedish Lotto online at Lottoland?
Lottoland is the only site where you can take part in the Swedish Lotto from overseas. In addition it means you don’t have to worry about losing your bet or forgetting to claim your prize on time since any winnings will be paid directly into your account.
How can I increase my chances to win the Swedish Lotto?
There are no scientifically proven ways to increase your odds of winning the Lotto short of betting more numbers. You can do this either by betting in lottery syndicates. Betting in a lottery group with friends, family, colleagues or teammates is a great way to disperse costs and increase your chances of winning by pooling bets.
How does the Swedish Lotto compare to the UK National Lottery?
Although the price is the same, the Swedish Lottery is quite different from the UK Lottery. You have a much better chance of winning the 7/35 Lotto but prizes are generally smaller. You can make up this difference by betting the Extra Game and the Drömvinsten prize is comparable to the top UK National Lottery jackpots.