Lottery Betting Juggernaut Continues To Grow
Lottoland Reaches 5 Million Customers
In just four years Lottoland has gone from a small start-up run by a handful of people to a recognised leader in the field of lottery betting, with hundreds of employees spanning multiple continents. In total more than a quarter of a billion euros in prizes have been paid out to lucky winners throughout the world. 2017 sees yet another milestone for Lottoland, as the company passes the 5 million customer mark.
When it comes to rapid growth, few companies can rival Lottoland. From zero to five million customers in under four years is a remarkable achievement. Any wonder Lottoland has been dubbed "one of Europe's fastest-growing companies."
It seems like only yesterday we were celebrating our millionth customer. The customer in question was Jan, a father of two who lives just outside of Frankfurt. Back in May 2015 he got to experience a taste of the lottery winner lifestyle when we arranged for him to drive a top-of-the-line Porsche 911 for the weekend.
Less than a year later we had three million customers, and now, ten months on, we've hit five million.
In other words, if Lottoland was a city, it would have a higher population than Manchester and Birmingham combined!
The Story of Lottoland
It's been quite a rollercoaster ride these past few years, here's some of the highlights:
- April 2013: Lottoland launches with a gaming license from the government of Gibraltar.
- June 2014: Chris Tarrant joins the company as brand ambassador.
- May 2015: We celebrate our one millionth customer while prize payments exceed €100 million.
- November 2015: Lottoland wins "Rising Star" and "Best Alternative Operator" at the EGR Awards in London.
- December 2015: Lottoland launches in Australia, lucky player wins €4 million on El Gordo.
- January 2016: Lottoland offers its largest jackpot, the record-breaking US PowerBall which grows to over €1.4 billion.
- February 2016: Our second-biggest winner scoops €14 million, later comes to visit us in Gibraltar.
- March 2016: Lottoland celebrates passing the three million player mark.
- April 2016: Lucky player wins our single largest jackpot to date, worth €22 million.
- May 2016: Official launch of Lottoland Ireland as company is granted a new Irish gaming license.
- December 2016: An unforgettable Christmas for Lottoland players - half a million euros won on El Gordo and £343k on EuroMillions.
- January 2017: Lottoland celebrates the new year with 5 million customers and counting!
- Febuary 2017: Lottoland voted Lottery Operator of the Year
Lottoland – Lottery Operator Of The Year
In February 2017 Lottoland was voted Lottery Operator of the Year at the prestigious International Gaming Awards.
Fending off competition from a whole host of rival companies, including Camelot, Lottoland has once again proven itself to be an industry leader.
Lottoland’s CEO Nigel Birrell said, "This award is a fantastic testament to the hard work and creativity that has driven our business forward over the course of the past three years. It’s a huge honour that our achievements are being recognised by our industry peers. I couldn’t be prouder."
Since our launch in May 2013, Lottoland has gained over 5 million customers worldwide, and paid out millions in prizes.
This Party's Just Getting Started!
Three months from now we'll be celebrating our forth birthday and you are cordially invited to join in the festivities. And, as always, you can expect more great offers, not to mention all the best lotteries and games for now, and far into the future.
So, all that's left to say is a huge thank you to all of our customers who have helped to make this epic achievement possible. We love each and every one of you!